Business (316) 259-1448 or Office (620) 726-5766 PEARSONPROPERTIES1@GMAIL.COM

What do I have to do to get rid of my old house/ have a building demolished?

The customer is responsible for contacting the utility providers (gas, water, electric) to notify that the building is being demolished. Customer must specify that the building is being demolished, as a disconnection will be different for a demolition project. The gas needs to be disconnected at the main, and the electric at the pole. this CANNOT be done by the contractor. The contractor will provide a sewer seal.

What is needed for the contractor to demolish a building?

The contractor will acquire the permits that are needed to demolish a build. As described in the question above, the customer needs to ensure the gas, electric, and water utilities are disconnected. Most cities will not provide a demolition permit unless contacted by the utility provider and confirms the disconnection.

What do I need to do to have my pool removed?

Above/ in-ground pool: Contact an electrician to disconnect any electrical equipment. If it is a heated pool, you must contact a plumber to get the gas line disconnected.

What needs to be done to get rid of my old driveway/ sidewalk/ patio?

It is best to coordinate with the concrete contractor who is re-pouring the slab. If you are not re-pouring, let us know when we come to bid the job. The price of the job will depend on access, as harder access will require more work. The typical driveway removal for a 4″ thick driveway, with easy access is $1 per square foot. 6″ thick easy access costs $1.50 per square foot. The typical 8″ thick sidewalk will cost $1.75 per square foot. We are happy to work with any concrete contractor, and if you are unsure who to use, we would be happy to recommend several different contractors.


What if I have a septic tank? 

The septic needs to be pumped out so that the tank can be collapsed and filled in.